Monday, July 6, 2009

Double-Boiled Peanut Root Chicken Soup

Peanut Roots Soup1

I made this Peanut Root Soup for my 12 yrs old son after I got to know it's nutrients and that this soup help youngsters to grow taller. It help to increase immunity and promote better health especially when given to them during their teen years. I don't know how true is it and there is also no scientific report on how the soup made from peanut root would affect the growth of children but, it's no harm to try right?? Nevertheless, the soup is very tasty!!

Peanut Roots2

- This is how the peanut root look like-


To make this soup we need:

100g peanut roots (wash and clean it's soil)
1 young male chicken (cut into 4 pieces)
10 red dates
1 tbsp wolfberries
1 bowl of water
salt to taste


What to do?

1. Place peanut roots, chicken, red dates and wolfberries into the pot.
2. Pour 1 bowl of water in it. Fill the lower layer of the pot with water and bring to boil.
3. Lower fire and cook it for 3 - 4 hrs.
4. Add some salt to taste. Serve warm.
5. It's best taken at night before bedtime.


HAPPY COOKING!

AMY

5 comments:

tracieMoo said...

I definitely remember how much I used to have this. Grandma always told me and my cousins to drink it to grow taller. But I'm still short. Haha.. didn't work for me.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

ya, my mum also told this peanut root good for young kid, but my kids are too tall already, so not dare to give them drink, otherwise I can't imagine their height will go until...hehehe...

Unknown said...

Is this soup only for teens, how about small kids 5 yrs old, can drink?

Unknown said...

Can you tell me where to buy peanut roots?

Unknown said...

Can you tell me where to buy the peanut roots in USA?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin